Hey beautiful people,
In this video I share some of my top tips to ace a job interview;
A short summary:
1. Basics: -
- Eye contact
- Body language
- Taking a moment to think before you respond
- Clear and engaging communication
2. Preparation - If you are able to;
- Visit the store or flagship where you are applying.
- Familiarise yourself with the store layout, the products, uniform, new developments e.t.c.
- Mystery shop: Ask the shop assistant some questions e.g. 'What is the difference between.?.' 'Can you please tell me about this product and the benefits it has...?' 'Can you please recommend...?'
***This is so when they ask you have you visited our stores before? You can say, 'Yes, after I applied I went in and visited the store, looked around and such and such helped me in these areas' e.t.c.
- KEY POINT** Go to Dr. John Demartin's website and fill out the values determination: Collect key examples of where you demonstrate these values in different areas of your life. https://drdemartini.com/value_determi...
- Go onto the company website and familiarise yourself with the company values, mission or vision statement and relate them to your own values vice versa.
- Collect some facts about the company 'founded in e.t.c' in '64 diff countries e.t.c. 'globally run by e.t.c.'
- Prepare a few questions as they will more then likely ask you, 'Do you have any questions for us?'. It can be related to your specific job title e.g. 'What specific skill sets or abilities are you looking for to fulfil this job title?' Or it could be to do with the company.
- Ask about something you are genuinely interested about. Its always good to have one or two. I read somewhere that if you don't have questions then that is an issue.